Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved | Powered by: Kindness
We are the NYC chapter of the national organization, Gobble Gobble Give, which started in 1998 and has Thanksgiving events all over the country, feeding thousands of people every year. The NYC chapter started with a few people handing out meals in 2009 and has grown to 850 volunteers, 3600 meals, and thousands of care packages delivered in 2019. Post-pandemic, we’ve transitioned to a smaller event, but we continue to help thousands of New Yorkers every year. On Thanksgiving morning, New Yorkers will come together to collect and deliver donations to people in need all over the city. Join us on Thanksgiving Day to ensure the spirit and tradition of the holiday are shared with the less fortunate.
A PIECE ABOUT OUR EVENT by Clare Cheyne
Unfortunately, there is no way to safely have our large volunteer meal/donation prep & delivery event this year. But New Yorkers need our help more than ever. So, GGG NYC 2022 will be a donation drop-off event. We will NOT assemble hot meals so PLEASE Do Not bring prepared food. We will only collect and distribute donations. Our focus will be TOYS!
A team of volunteers will accept donations at the Apollo Theater, in Harlem, on Thursday, November 24th, Thanksgiving Day, from 8am to 12:30pm. Because of the pandemic, we cannot have volunteer shifts this year. Please register below to drop off donations. You can drop off in a vehicle or on foot. We ask that you register to drop off at a specific time, so there are never too many people arriving at one time.
Please Bring What You Can
- 2022 IS A TOY DRIVE! Please bring an unwrapped new or gently used toy or children's book.
- Canned & Packaged Foods - NO prepared foods please!
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, soap, etc.
- Baby Items: baby food, diapers, baby wipes, etc.
- New & Gently Used Clothing & Shoes
- New & Gently Used Blankets
We will donate to a few of the main shelters and Organizations we usually help. But most donations will be delivered to La Jornada, an organization that distributes much-needed food and supplies to people in need. The well-organized operation helps thousands of families every week, 12 months a year. We're in awe of what they do and are so excited to work with them again this year. If you'd like to learn more about this fantastic Organization, visit their site: http://lajornadany.org/
- Consider reaching out to your family, friends and neighbors for donations. You can drop off everyone's donations in one vehicle!
- Consider reaching out to your local community leaders or businesses for bulk donations.
- Purchase & ship donations directly to Camba, a non-profit agency that helps New Yorkers in need. All donations will go directly to Camba, who will distribute the items to the families/children they help. Click Here For the Camba Families Amazon Wish List
1. Click Here to get to the Amazon Wish List
2. Add items to your cart
3. Proceed to checkout
4. For the delivery location, choose “2022 Donation Wish List for Camba Families” in Other Addresses.
5. Choose a payment method
6. Place the order. All items will ship directly to the shelter.